Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Big 12

Happy Birthday! Alden turned twelve today! He is so grown up. I was wracking my brain trying to think of something wonderful to get him. thankfully inspiration from mom hit! He wanted a book...I had the perfect one in mind. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen was the perfect adventure story for a young boy. Alden loved it and read it in 24 hours. He has become an avid reader and told me he read four books in the time it took me to read one I borrowed from him.


Happy Smile :)

We are enjoying holding the kittens!

Can you spy two kittens in this picture?
Hint: check the pocket

YEA! He liked the book

He was excited to open presents


The coolest experience for Alden was on Sunday when he was ordained a deacon. Grandma and Grandpa Bevell, Casey and me, Brother Asay (home teacher/scout leader) Kenton and all of the Dale Durfee family were able to attend the joyful event. Alden bore a sweet testimony and everyone could feel the spirit. It was so special! Then Kenton and Alden went together and did fast offerings. It was Alden's first time and Kenton's last time--as he was getting ordained an Elder a few hours later. What a neat thing :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Happy birthday Alden!! Congratulations on receiving the priesthood.

    ReplyDelete